Home solar loans with Clean Energy Credit Union

Published August 17, 2021

LightWave Solar recommends solar financing through Clean Energy Credit Union.

Clean Energy CU is focused solely on clean energy lending, and because it’s not-for-profit and online-only, it offers some of the best loan terms in the country for residential solar + battery systems!

Clean Energy CU offers solar combo loan
A solar combo loan is actually two separate loans that together provide homeowners with an optimized, no-money-down finance strategy for their solar PV system installation. The short-term loan bridges the time between project installation and receiving the 26% federal tax credit (12-18 month loan). The long-term 12-year, 15-year or 20-year solar loan covers the remaining 74% of system cost.

Loan benefits:
• Secured by the solar equipment that’s installed, not by the equity in your home
• Maximum loan amount is $90,000
• Fixed interest rates that start at 4.5% for residential solar loans with automatic loan payments
• No prepayment penalties
• Low processing fee of $35 per loan

How to start the process
First, talk with one of LightWave Solar’s project consultants to receive your solar estimate, and LightWave will help you initiate the online loan application. Once we initiate the loan application, you will be provided a portal to fill out the needed information and upload documentation.

For more info on Clean Energy Credit Union’s residential solar loans, click here.

To get started on your project and request your solar consultation, click here.