Solar Operations and Maintenance (O&M) for Commercial and Industrial PV Systems
LightWave Solar is an experienced EPC with a 45MW portfolio. We are passionate about quality workmanship and provide long-term solar Operations and Maintenance (O&M) services for commercial and industrial solar PV systems across the Southeast totaling 20MW.
LightWave Solar provides O&M for Music City Solar, a 2MW system for Nashville Electric Service (NES), photo on the right. NES counts on our O&M program to ensure maximum performance of their system, the first Community Solar project in Nashville.
A key element of our O&M program includes establishing a site-specific maintenance program with annual preventive maintenance, inspection and implementation. The scope of your O&M program may include (but is not limited to):
- Inspection of all PV modules, inverters, combiners, and data acquisition system (DAS) components
- Inspection of DC wiring & wire management, insulation, grounding, conduits, fittings, junctions, combiners and transition boxes, fuses, and other auxiliary equipment
- Inspection of racking and ballasts, random torque check, grounding and movement
- Inspection of AC Conduits, fittings, junction boxes and disconnects
- Inspection of pyranometer, temperature sensors, control cabinet, equipment and wiring
- Module string testing and optional IV curve tracing
- Module thermal scan on suspect strings
- Thermal scan on disconnects and combiners
- Recommended maintenance on inverters such as fan and filter cleanings
We provide Annual Diagnostic Inspection reports and Preventative Maintenance reports to include:
- String testing with ambient temperature, module temperature and irradiance conditions
- Overall site visual inspection and identification of potential problem areas and suggested remedies
- Switchgear and combiner box thermal scan imagery
- Other observations, concerns, or hazards to ensure ongoing safety and performance
O&M Service Area & Support Networks
- We perform O&M in Tennessee, Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky and beyond.
- We are a founding member of the Amicus Solar O&M Cooperative where we partner with other top installers across the country to share best practices, pool buying power, and team up on cost-effective O&M agreements.
- LightWave has developed a network of electricians and PV professionals throughout the region to serve as first responders in remote areas to enhance reactive service response times and reduce system down-time as much as possible.
Contact our O&M Program Coordinator
Contact our Solar Operations and Maintenance (O&M) Program Coordinator to discuss how we can maintain your solar asset.
Kelly Marett, M.S., LEED AP O+M
O&M Program Coordinator at LightWave Solar
Call 615-641-4050 or send an email to support(at)lightwavesolar.com