Our Most Frequently Asked Questions
When it comes to solar power we get a lot of questions. Here are answers to the most frequently asked and frankly the most important questions that you should know before making the switch to solar!
Important questions to ask a contractor
LightWave Solar provides turn-key design and installation. This includes:
- Site Evaluation to verify system design requirements
- Electrical Drawings and site plans by in-house engineers
- Utility Interconnection Application and Permitting
- Equipment Procurement
- Installation and Inspections
- Grid-interconnection/Commissioning with local utility
- Five-year Workmanship Warranty
The questions we get asked the most about solar:
- For homeowners and businesses: The 26% Federal Investment Tax Credit (ITC) is available for solar systems placed in service by 12/31/22. The credit amount is uncapped and equal to 26% of total system cost. For projects installed in 2023, the tax credit drops to 22%. Contact us for details.
- For businesses: Accelerated Depreciation, known as Modified Accelerated Cost Recovery System (MACRS), is a method of depreciation in which a business’s investments in solar property can be recovered through tax deductions. MACRS benefits can be taken all in the 1st year and equal about 20% of solar project costs. Taken together, tax benefits for commercial solar projects reduce costs by about 46%.
- For eligible rural businesses: USDA offers a grant for solar systems up to 25% of project costs. LightWave Solar has grant writers on staff, and our grant approval track record is 98%. Next USDA REAP grant application deadline is October 31, 2022.
Reviews From Our Customers
"Good folks working hard for you. Straight answers, and good quality work." -Richard Smith
"Great group of people that do quality work. ZERO complaints." -Jill Cutright
"The project was a little slow getting started but that was because LightWave Solar is one busy company. Once rolling, the workers showed upon time, worked hard, created little disruption, and entertained curious homeowners..." -Anne Child
"We interviewed a number of installers and Lightwave Solar was the most professional. We installed 10.2 KW and 2 Tesla power walls. Great system, our first neighborhood power outage, the system kicked in with out a flicker, every one in the neighborhood was out of power but us!..." -Homeowner in Jackson, TN
"The team at Lightwave Solar delivered a great product and went beyond my expectations to make sure I was happy with the solution delivered..." -Thomas Ratliff
"The CEO down to the installation crew was very professional, and addressed all our questions and concerns. We couldn’t be happier with our system!" -Jameson Cotter
"Excellent, turn-key solution for solar panels. They were very responsive to my emails."
"Lightwave Solar installed a 10 kw system on my building in Lebanon. The installation crew was very professional and completed the install in a morning. Lightwave handled all the permitting and negotiations with TVA/MTEMC..." -Peter Schulert
"The folks at LightWave Solar are awesome. They were patient and very responsive to my long list of questions prior to signing the contract. After signing the contract, they kept me updated on progress and walked me through steps that required my input on the permitting process..." -Mike Woodside