Our Most Frequently Asked Questions
When it comes to solar power we get a lot of questions. Here are answers to the most frequently asked and frankly the most important questions that you should know before making the switch to solar!
Important questions to ask a contractor
LightWave Solar provides turn-key design and installation. This includes:
- Site evaluation to verify system design requirements
- Electrical drawings and site plans by in-house engineers
- Completion of interconnection application and all other paperwork required by local utility
- Equipment procurement (panels, inverters, batteries, disconnects, meter, conduit, wire, etc. – everything needed for
- fully functional system)
- Installation and inspections
- Grid-interconnection/commissioning with local utility
- One-year workmanship warranty
The questions we get asked the most about solar:
- For homeowners and businesses: The 26% Federal Investment Tax Credit (ITC) is available for solar systems placed in service by 12/31/23. The credit amount is uncapped and equal to 26% of total system cost. For projects installed in 2024, the tax credit drops to 10%. Contact us for details.
- For businesses: Accelerated Depreciation, known as Modified Accelerated Cost Recovery System (MACRS), is a method of depreciation in which a business’s investments in solar property can be recovered through tax deductions. MACRS benefits can be taken all in the 1st year and equal about 20% of solar project costs. Taken together, tax benefits for commercial solar projects reduce costs by about 46%.
- For eligible rural businesses: USDA offers a grant for solar systems up to 25% of project costs. LightWave Solar has grant writers on staff, and our grant approval track record is 98%. Next USDA REAP grant application deadline is March 31, 2021.